|Posted by jml710 on November 29, 2016 at 5:00 PM||comments (0)|
Updated Trip Advisor's top 10 Restaurants in Stuart Area:
Edited April 2017
1. King Neptune....moved to number 4
2. The Gafford.................moved to number 3
3. La Forchetta..............moved up to number 2
4. Twisted Tuna...........moved to number 5
5. Namaste Grill...........MOVED to NUMBER 1
6. Sailor's Return......stayed the same
7. Shrimpers..........moved to number 8
8. Riverwalk.......moved up to number 7
9. Stuart Boathouse........stayed the same
10. Flanagan's Seafood Bar & Grill.....moved down to number 11
Number 10 Is Osceola Street Cafe!
|Posted by jml710 on October 7, 2016 at 3:50 PM||comments (0)|
From our Lakeside president, Al Cardinali:
Subject: Fwd: Hurricane Matthew
HI. I have spoken to Joe and Lisa, who have returned to Lakeside and walked the parking lots. In short, no serious damage, although some shrubs and a small palm are down. No broken glass seen, electricity is back, roads and bridges are are open. They did not walk behind the buildings, but we’ll get a report later. In short, things look pretty good, although a clean-up of the grounds and pool are required.
Subject: Hurricane Matthew
This was just posted by one of the members of our private IRP Facebook page.
10/7/16 MATTHEW UPDATE (MARTIN COUNTY)
From Stuart City Manager, Paul Nicoletti
1. Overall, the City of Stuart and Martin County fared very well as Hurricane Matthew (as a CAT 3 storm) brushed by us a little bit farther out to sea than anticipated. The eye wall was re-generating (weakened) at the time about 10-15 miles off the coast.
2. During the height of the storm we received 15 Police calls for service, the majority were alarms going off. We had one medical call at about 2 AM that needed no immediate response; and NO fires. Stuart Police Department officers are just getting back on the road (3:15 AM) for patrol purposes, and they will report any impassible roads. At this point we are not aware of any flooded streets in Stuart. The total rain in the City at this point is about 1 inch.
3. As of 3:00 AM there were about 31,000 FPL customers in Martin County (10,000 of which are in Stuart) without power.
4. In Stuart, the wind at 3 AM was gusting around 60 mph and 53 mph at 4 AM.
City police and fire-rescue personnel will be conducting damage surveys, so unreported obstructions and hazards may still be present.
|Posted by jml710 on May 17, 2016 at 7:50 PM||comments (0)|
Congratulations, Stuart Florida!
Voted the 2016 Number One Happiest Seaside Town:
|Posted by jml710 on March 20, 2016 at 12:15 AM||comments (0)|
Lakeside loves pool parties!
Check out the Photo Gallery for photos of the February " Honest Abe" ( President's Day weekend) party, the St Patrick's Day party and the April Fool's Day Party!
|Posted by jml710 on March 20, 2016 at 12:10 AM||comments (0)|
Stuart, Florida was nominated by COASTAL LIVING magazine as a finalist in the "Happiest Seaside Town" contest: http://www.coastalliving.com/travel/
In April we will find out if Stuart, Florida is Number ONE!
|Posted by jml710 on December 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM||comments (0)|
Trip Advisor and Stuart Restaurants
Is your favorite restaurant on this list of the top 16 restaurants ( based on reviews from Trip Advisor Members)?
Trip Advisor has ranked the restaurants in Stuart, Florida in this order ( based on reviews by Trip Advisor members):
#1: Harvest Table
#2: La Forchetta
#3: Krua Thai Asian Cuisine
#4: King Neptune
#5: Tausha’s Seafood
#6: The Gafford
#7: Chris D’ Anna
#8: District Table & Bar
#9: Michelina’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
#10: Fruits & Roots
#11: Riverwalk Café
#12: Osceloa Street Café
#13: Shrimper's Grill
#15: Courtine’s Restaurant
#16: Lola’s Seafood Eatery
|Posted by jml710 on December 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
Stuart, Florida was ranked #3 in " Best Small Towns to Visit" in 2015 by Smithsonian Magazine! Congratulations, Stuart!
Perched on the most biodiverse lagoon ecosystem in the Northern hemisphere, the St. Lucie Inlet, Stuart is surrounded by opportunities to revel in nature and the arts as well as indulge your inner history buff. See the sea turtles on warm summer nights at the nearby Hobe Sound Nature Center, (gently) touch a stingray at the Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center, or visit the House of Refuge—a former haven for shipwrecked sailors operated by the United States Lifesaving Service and now a beautiful historical museum. Stuart also boasts the newly renovated Lyric Theatre, a former silent movie palace now hosting concerts and art-house movies.
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
|Posted by jml710 on April 14, 2015 at 11:50 AM||comments (0)|
Four generations of Norris Women : Great grandmother, Anne Norris, Anne's daughter, Theresa Narduzzi, Anne's grandaughter, Natasha Narduzzi, and Anne's first great granddaughter, Tesslyn Ramshaw!
|Posted by jml710 on February 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM||comments (0)|
The Valentine's Day Pool Party at Lakeside was a great success!
Thank you to all who helped make this event so much fun!
Photos are posted in the photo gallery!
|Posted by jml710 on January 26, 2015 at 3:40 PM||comments (0)|